Saturday 6 February 2016

Spinning

Add caption
The last WI meeting was all about spinning. Not the healthy exercise good for you sort, but the sort that has been going on for thousands of years. Sarah Harris from The Spinning Weal came and told us all about the different sorts of spinning you can do - she even suggested sticking a skewer in a potato to start off with! It sounds really boring, but it wasn't, it was fascinating and funny!
Sarah made it look so easy!

She even told us a little about dying your own yarns, but I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet. But I am tempted to get the drop spindle out and dust it off for another go!

I'm spinning around

1 comments:

eclectichomelife said...

I have not spun now for so many years but recently I have been thinking I should start again. Posts like this keep spurring me on. I should really dust off my wheel, fix a couple of bits that need attention and just get on with it perhaps