Wednesday 14 September 2011

101 Sleeps to Christmas!

I've made a start!
Our advent countdown is up - only 101 sleeps to Christmas, and I have made a start on Christmas goodies for Pickle-Lily. I am being - to quote my son -'very sad' and knitting a paper chain to decorate my stall and then my home with. It is sooo easy. I knit a link a day in the car while I'm waiting for the kids to come out of school, so think how long it could be if I keep it up!
Knitted paper chain
Cast on 40 stitches.

Garter (plain knit stitch) 8 rows.
Cast off.
Oversew the chain ends together - remembering to link each one through the last chain.
The yarn - I used Rico essentials double knit cotton which comes in these lovely jewel colours. You could use any yarn, but would need to adjust the number of stitches. My chain is 16cm flat, before sewing up.
Needles - 3mm for this yarn.

Happy Knitting!
Jo x

2 comments:

Caroline Lovis (Redneedle) said...

Love, love, love your knitted paper chain and as I'm drowning in apples I'm determined to give your Apple cake a whirl

pippa moore said...

this is lovely will start some and shoul be ready by xmasxxx